Transcendental Meditation is the purest, simplest, and most effective form of meditation the world has known. The Transcendental Meditation is very simple meditation technique. It is very simple because in this process we use a MANTRA which has no meaning. Like ema, enga, kirim, sham, these are some examples. But also you can create your own MANTRA like “kalbanam” just remember whatever MANTRA you create it has no meaning because if you use a MANTRA like “OM” or “RAM” and “JAY” then you or your mind will create images. If you use RAM then the mind will create God Ram image and you chant “Hey Ram Hey Ram”. So you divert from Meditation and you do Prayer. But we don’t want to do Prayer so that’s why MANTRA has no meaning.
Transcendental Meditation is very powerful with mantra it became a tool for the most powerful state of awareness. Transcendental Meditation allows your mind to settle inward beyond thought to the most silent, peaceful level of consciousness of your innermost Self.
How does Transcendental Meditation work?
The Transcendental Meditation allows the mind to settle down and we experience a state of restfully alert consciousness. If we do Transcendental Meditation regularly then we can experience a state where the mind is completely silent yet wide awake. In Transcendental Meditation we feel perfect peace within us and deep silence we feel a state of pure consciousness. Our mind is like the ocean constantly in motion on the surface, but silent and immensely powerful at its depths. Due to Transcendental Meditation, we could feel the surface of the ocean is also settled down there are no waves it has a complete silence. It all this happens just because of MANTRA of Transcendental Meditation. If we do Transcendental Meditation regularly, we can experience peace of mind, good health, inner joy and happiness within us and lots of awareness and we enjoy the Present moment. Transcendental Meditation enlightens the body’s inner intelligence, supporting its natural ability to heal itself. By allowing mind and body to access the source of nature’s intelligence deep within Transcendental Meditation can bring about marked improvements in every aspect of life: mind, body, behavior.
How Is The Transcendental Meditation is different
Transcendental Meditation is different and unique. It is fundamentally different from other systems of meditation and relaxation. In Transcendental Meditation we use a MANTRA after repeating same MANTRA (in your head) you feel your mind is fully concentrated and it is fully aware state of mind. The other Meditation techniques you concentrate on breathing and it is quite very boring. But our mind is always listen, speak, think, we choose, and many more but in case of other Meditation technique suppose we concentrate on breathing but our mind will not able to concentrate on breathing because it’s not our minds nature so we think Meditation is really boring and after few days we stop doing Meditation. But in Transcendental Meditation it is a very easy process to do because our mind can think, so we use a MANTRA which has a no meaning and doing this technique our concentration will improve and we feel our mind is getting silent and you became aware and that is the Meditation. By doing Transcendental Meditation regularly you became Happy, Joyful.
Here is the technique of Transcendental Meditation
- Find a quiet area and sit in a comfortable position
- Wait about half a minute, then start thinking the mantra over and over again.
- Start the repeating your mantra (in your head)
This mantra is simply a sound that has no meaning to you. You will not need to have a personalized mantra which is given to you by someone else.
- Do not try to stop your thoughts or clear your mind of thoughts. The process must be effortless. Simply you need to continue repeating your mantra. Sometimes you will forget your mantra, just be sure to always come back to it. Slowly but surely your thoughts will slow down.
- When you get closer to the no-thought zone, you will start to feel a tingling sensation or different sensation in your hands and feet. Then you will notice your whole body being gradually released of tension and your heartbeat
- After this process one day you are in the no-thought zone and then try and stay there. Your mind is at such rest in this zone that it doesn’t even want to repeat the mantra. This is a great sign. Then you will know you are in the no thought zone. If your thoughts are getting back, just remember to refocus on the mantra and try to get in that state which is thoughtless zone. And stay in this zone for 15 to 20 minutes.
Repeat this process every day. Try to do this meditation technique in morning and before you sleep.